- About you
We care for your eye sight and request that you do not purchase online prescription glasses in the following cases:
- you are under 16
- you are partially sighted or severely sight impaired
- your prescription is over 2 years old (1 year for over 70's) or your Optometrist has recommended more regular sight tests
For the circumstances above, please come and see us in store.
- About us
Iconic Eyewear Ltd trades as Iconic Opticians, under company reg: 9509230. Our registered address is: 73 Cornwall Street, Plymouth PL1 1NS.
Contact details can be found on our website by clicking here. Our friendly team will be happy to answer any technical queries about your order.
- Our contract with you
Products may be purchased on our website, by telephone or in-store.
You agree that you have provided accurate, up to date, and complete information about yourself. We need this information to provide you with the products.
We endeavour to keep our website prices updated and accurate but it is possible that the price may have changed from that published. If that happens, we will not send your order until you have confirmed that you wish to order at the new price. Prices include UK VAT.
Although you will receive a confirmation email that your order has been received by us, orders for prescription glasses are only accepted by us once they have been fully reviewed and authorised by a Registered Optician. We may need to contact you to discuss any concerns that we might have about your prescription. We may offer advice over the telephone or by email.
We will always try our best to ensure that all orders are fulfilled. However occasionally items might be out of stock or exceptionally might have been recently discontinued. In this case we will contact you. If we do not have all of the product(s) you order in stock, we will offer you alternatives. If this happens you may:
- accept the alternatives we offer;
- cancel all or part of your order;
- if we owe you money on account of your cancellation, we will credit your card as soon as reasonably practicable but in any event no later than 30 days from the date of cancellation of your order.
The parties agree that sales placed and made via our website constitute a sale occurring in the United Kingdom. We do not cover customs and duty payments for orders outside the UK.
- Delivery of your order
We will work on your order as soon as it is received. To give you an idea of delivery times please see below:
- Sunglasses, frames, single vision lenses in stock are usually dispatched the same or the following day.
- Bifocal and non stock lenses are usually dispatched within a week but can take up to 14 days.
- Varifocals take longer because we need to post the frame to you first for measurement. Sometimes we will send the frame in a different colour to speed up the process if we have to order your frame in.
We work very hard to maintain sufficient frame stocks. However, orders can take between 5-10 working days. We will always get in touch by telephone or email if we expect any delays. You can cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Deliveries will be made by post / a carrier instructed by us to the address stipulated in your order. You must ensure that someone is present to accept delivery.
You can return your frames for any reason whatsoever within 14 days for an exchange or refund. Please note that some lenses cannot be refunded. If you should decide to keep the glasses then they will be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. This will be a minimum of 12 months but if something goes wrong outside this period we will work with you to try to reach an amicable solution.
You must return the glasses or sunglasses unworn in their original condition with all accessories within 14 days of receipt. You are responsible for return costs. If returning from outside the UK they must be clearly marked as "returned goods" to avoid import taxes.
- Sunglasses and frame only prescription glasses – full refund
- Prescription glasses including "free" bespoke single vision lenses – full refund minus £10 glazing charge.
- Glasses with bespoke prescription lenses – refund frame cost only.
- Bespoke prescription lenses are non refundable. However, if you have a problem with your prescription we have extensive experience in solving this for you.
Postage charges will not be refunded.
Please send returns to:
RETURNS Iconic Opticians
73 Cornwall Street
Plymouth PL1 1NS
- Our website
We may make improvements or changes to our website, the Content, or to any of the products, at any time and without advance notice.
Content may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. We would be grateful if you bring to our immediate attention, any that you find.